#046 - Non-Endemics in Esportswith Scott Russell (HOYTS Esports) and Matt Jones (OVO)
- Why esports? Is it the audience?
- What did the pathway from knowing nothing about the industry to know enough look like for you?
- Similarities between the esports market and any others that you play in?
- Esports and Traditional Sport, are they complementary or do they operate separately?
- How much do you invest in the potential for growth versus direct ROI?
- What’s your long-term vision for your companies’ involvement in esports
- What services or market areas are underdeveloped or missing?
- Let’s say you’re getting pitched tomorrow, what information do you need and what information can you certainly do without?
- Explain some shortfalls in esports business pitches that you’ve seen thus far
- Where does esports need to head in order to gather more non-endemic interest?
- It’s obvious you’ve both got a lot of big company contacts, what’s stopping them getting into
Matt Jones – LinkedIn
You work in developing sports a lot (Drag Racing) – What can esports learn from others?
Scott Russell – LinkedIn
As mentioned in press releases, esports is a way for your cinema to remain on the edge of technology and user experience, what roles do you see cinemas playing in esports in the future?