#018 - Investing in Esports, Scaling A Start-Upwith Gerry Sakkas (CEO of PlaySide Studios)
- Tell us about your inspirations in gaming, is there one specific title or franchise that you draw from?
- Why mobile gaming? Why not PC or console?
- Pathway into PlaySide, through Visceral Games Australia shutdown
- What don’t people consider when looking for an investment that they should?
- How do you scale and when? What methods do you use in order to not scale too quickly?
- Is being a company owner/CEO something you always wanted to do?
- What sort of revenue is more important to you in business? Once-off big grabs? Lower long-term deals or a combination?
- Esports is in startup phase right now, can you give some advice for small company owners and how to manage staff + day to day?
- How do you manage your time between internal and external company development?
- PlaySide has recently begun working with apps other than games, how do you decide where and when to pivot?
- What began your interest in esports?
- As an investor in the space, what are the main criteria you look to fill?
- What is the market missing?
- Where would you like to see the market head? Is there an intersection between PlaySide’s VR/AR work and esports?
Gerry Sekkas – CEO Of PlaySide Studios