#038 - Accounting for Esports and Gamingwith Chris Hillman, Rise Family Accounting
- Background and pathway into Esports
- Understanding Accounting for Esports and Gaming
- The first 5 steps you need to take
- Why would someone not use you and do it all themselves? Can they make it work without an accountant?
- How do you justify your value add to a company that’s infant or without much funding?
- Paradox Gaming Australia
- Angel/seed investment?
- What’s the process of you becoming involved?
- What sort of energy or lens that Chris brings to Paradox Gaming (likeness to PlaySide and BIG – Creative/visionary, business/drive/delivery & finance/analysis)
- Company direction & how you’ve helped to change or facilitate that
- Diversification of income streams
- Quick 101 on how a company runs on a loss & how a large company pays no tax while making revenue
- $50b companies running at a loss (Uber & Spotify examples)
- Plans for the future with Paradox and Rise FA